What is BPH?
The prostate is a male reproductive gland, about the size of a walnut, that produces fluid for semen. The prostate surrounds the urethra, which is the tube that carries urine from the bladder out of the body. As the prostate enlarges, it presses on and blocks the urethra, causing bothersome urinary symptoms such as:
- Frequent need to urinate both day and night
- Weak or slow urinary stream
- A sense that you cannot completely empty your bladder
- Difficulty or delay in starting urination
- Urgent feeling of needing to urinate
- A urinary stream that stops and starts
If you suffer from the above symptoms, you are not alone. BPH is one of the leading reasons for men to visit a urologist.
What is the UroLift System?
If you are experiencing issues with BPH, give us a call today… we are here to help!
The Right Treatment Options
At SouthWest Urology, we offer a full range of diagnostic tests to determine the cause of ED. Our team of experts will offer lifestyle changes, medications, injections, vacuum devices and penile prosthesis as options for treating ED.